If there's one thing we've learned in studying organic skincare, it's that Nature provides an incredible array of anti-aging gifts! We've studied hundreds of ingredients from seeds, roots, petals, leaves, clays... and have barely scratched the surface!
Where are these time-defying ingredients, you ask? Don't fret beautiful! We are in the lab mixing the final touches into our recipes. In fact, we were just perfecting our anti-aging Superfood Mask and thought we'd give you a sneak peak!
Here are 7 surprising powders we're using and why:
Yeah yeah... we've all heard that vitamin C and antioxidants are our anti-aging friends. Here's why the incredible superfruit baobab is our best friend forever and ever!
- 6x more vitamin C than oranges
- 20x more antioxidants than green tea
- more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates combined
It may be difficult to pronounce, but astaxanthin powder should definitely be a word in your skincare vocabulary! It is one of nature’s most potent antioxidants primarily found in marine life. It's what gives flamingos and salmon their gorgeous pink hue and allows salmon to swim upstream. However, it also contains some amazing benefits for aging skin! It has shown to:
- increase elasticity and moisture
- reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- block UV rays preventing dark spots
- increase blood flow causing higher skin cell turnover
According to Dr. Shalini Minglani, a Bangalore-based nutritionist, gooseberry a.k.a. amla powder is the purest form of Vitamin C. But wait! It has other anti-aging properties:
- calms and tightens inflamed skin
- has been used for centuries to treat dandruff, so imagine the balanced hydration it will bring your skin!
Goji berries aren't just a superfood internally, but are also a superfood for your face! They have a high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) meaning they slow the aging process and protect your cells from free radicals. For perspective, the ORAC of blueberries is 2400 while that of goji berries is 25,000. They also protect against UV rays, block melanin production and are anti-inflammatory.
Echinacea flaunts some seriously beautiful flowers! But it's what's on the inside that counts. It is commonly used for colds, but did you know it is equally beneficial for your skin? Here's why:
- extremely hydrating
- reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- especially high in antioxidants
- protects from environmental stressors such as UV radiation
- fights acne
- soothes sunburns, anti-inflammatory
- high in Vitamins A, C, E and essential fatty acids
Royal Jelly is an incredible anti-aging ingredient! It has shown to boost collagen production, combat wrinkles, moisturize, protect from UV rays, heal wounds, reduce scars, treat acne and reduce inflammation.
Royal jelly contains many skin boosters including:
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B,6
Rooibos, also known as African Red Bush, has a variety of health benefits. Topically, it has shown to treat acne and sunburn while reducing the signs of aging. It contains alpha hydroxy acid and zinc, especially great for skin.
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
Break's over! These mad organic skincare scientists are back to the lab. We know you can't wait! Soon, you can absorb all the benefits of these incredible powders in our Superfood Mask.
Now go soak up some sunshine you gorgeous flower!